Black Leather



1 comments
Donna Karan AW 2012


About a dozen years ago, when I turned 30, I had a brief burst of "to hell what other people think, I am going to dress for myself", and I bought a pair of black leather pants, and a black leather 'suit' (matching skirt and jacket).    I wore the pants once, the skirt twice, and the jacket perhaps half-a-dozen times.

And then back into the closet they went.

Every time I do a closet culling... I pull these items, look at them, agonize... and put them back into the closet.    Because I could not quite muster the boldness to wear these lovely pieces.

I have decided that I am going to stop worrying about what other people think, and trust my own tastes and instincts, and dress to please myself.


Skirt: Vintage Leather.   Sweater: Express.   Belt:  Bebe.   Tights: Spanx.  Shoes: BCBG Paris.   Pearl Studs: Johnny's (Hong Kong)



What are you hiding in your closet, that you love, but never wear?

1 comments:

Letitia - The Fashion Editor at: July 12, 2013 at 6:36 PM said...

GOOD for you! You should show some leg though, it would make this look so fresh for the season and you have fantastic shaped legs.

Post a Comment

newer post older post