Yeouch.



1 comments
First flamenco class of the new semester, and Malita brought the funk and the pain.   I was not expecting that.  This is an advanced class.    But tonight, I got to re-learn the difference between an intermediate-advanced class, and an advanced-professional class.   It means that, once again, my toenails' days are numbered...


And if I had been expecting that, I would have thought ahead, and realized that when class finished, I was going to have to stuff my battered feet back into the four-inch, not-yet-broken-in Cole Haan Dominatrix-heels.   And that those battered feet would have to hike four blocks  from the parking garage to the condo.   Had I foreseen any of this, I would have worn something flat and padded vaguely orthopedic.   Alas... tonight I lived in a blonde sort of vacuum...

And I wore these:


... my brand-new (to me) Cole Haan Maria Sharapova Air Swan Oxford Pumps



Total killer-diller, dominatrix goodness

I have been wanting these shoes for a very long time.   Two years!    I saw these shoes at the Cole Haan Outlet, at the mall waaaaay up north on Highway 400.   It was love at first sight - desperate, uncomfortable, Story-of-O type love.    The sort of love where you glance around to make sure nobody is watching, then gaze with doglike adoration at the object of your affection.   These shoes were that gorgeous.    Beautiful glazed leather - not quite patent - very rich-looking, with killer heels and gorgeous velvet laces.

If you ever thought to yourself that you needed the perfect shoes for your super-buff, hot younger submissive boy-pet to crawl over to and lick clean... these are the shoes.   If you haven't ever thought that, well, I didn't think that either, because that would make me a weirdo.   Right.  I didn't try them on, let alone buy them.  I was intimidated by these shoes.   They seemed too daring for boring ol' me.

Over the next two years, I would sometimes think about those shoes, and mentally kick my own butt for not buying them.    I searched the internet, only to find they were sold out everywhere.   I kept checking eBay, where they rarely - very rarely - turn up.    Inevitably, they were never my size.   Not even close.   And believe you me, I would have padded a few sizes up, or squeeeeeeeezed my feet into something smaller.

Finally! a few weeks ago, a pair recently appeared on eBay - it was an auction, with a buy-it-now price that was $20 higher than the starting auction price.    Twenty bucks!   Ha!   I wasn't going to spend twenty bucks more than I had to!   I am the Queen of Snipers!    So I cheaped out, didn't take the buy-it-now option, and wound up being sniped the last three seconds of the auction.   I was not amused.   Being the sniper = cool.    Being the snipee = not cool.

I decided I would not miss the next pair, so I set up four or five different searches on eBay, and every day, I checked my email...

And whaddya know?   Two pairs appeared in one week.   One auction, one buy-it-now.   The auction started out very cheap, and the shoes were a little more battered.   With four days left, the auction pair had reached nearly half the price of the BIN shoes.   Lots of different bidders.  I decided that this time, I was not going to be a cheap bastard looking for a ridiculously good deal, so I took the BIN option and got my shoes.

They arrived yesterday, and they are wicked fierce, and even better than I remembered.

So I wore them to class tonight.   A few people oohhhh'ed and ahh'ed, and I felt vindicated as I gritted my teeth and pounded the pavement for the four blocks home...

I filled the tub, for a hot soak, but while the tub was filling, I saw the trailer for that new movie, "Mama".   Creepy shit.    JC left for a work trip at 5am this morning.   I am all by my lonesome.   I promptly decided that the LAST PLACE I wanted to be was alone in a bathtub late at night.   Ungh.   Totally creeped-out.   I totally want to see it, but I am afraid it will be the same horrific disappointment "The Woman in Black" turned out to be.   I have high and persnickety standards of what a creep-out movie should be.

So I watched Family Guy until the unsettled feeling of being watched by unseen feral children disappeared.    Then I had my bath.

And here we are, waaaay past midnight.   I am off work tomorrow, but I have ballet class, followed by a six-hour drive to Florida.   Not only am I not packed - but the packing is waiting on laundry.   I only have two bras I deem worthy of two days hiking around Orlando theme parks - and they both went into the wash just a few minutes ago...

So let me regale you with the tale of the Alternate Plan B shoes... black Repetto suede and satin oxford pumps.    I bought these after the first pair of Swans were sniped, thinking I wouldn't see my beloved Air Swans turn up in my size anytime soon...

These are comfortably padded, and flexible enough that I can point my foot hard in them.   They fit like a glove.   I could hike around Paris in these...

And yet, they don't have the sexy fetish edge that the Swans have...

The day before these arrived, the Air Swans turned up on eBay.   I was in a quandry.   So I decided to buy the Air Swans, compare the two, keep one pair and relist the other.

Both shoes have such great points:   the Repettos are fantastically adorable, sturdy enough to walk great lengths in, but light and flexible enough to feel like dance shoes.    These are ideal for theatre auditions, because you can go from street-to-dance in them.   The Air Swans are a bit heavy, and quite stiff.   It will take some time before they are broken in.   But they are dead sexy.   They are one helluva pair of Stern Librarian shoes.

So nothing's getting relisted this time around...

I am a bad little shopping elf.

1 comments:

Sulky Kitten at: March 14, 2013 at 7:49 AM said...

I think those gorgeous Swans will be breaking you in! I love the Repettos as well - they can be the Swan's cute but sensible little sister. Glad you're keeping both.

Post a Comment

newer post older post