Four Closets, Three Armoires, Two Condos.... and One Hoarder Room.



0 comments

Now that WONDERLAND has wrapped, my music room looks like an episode of "Hoarders" - at about the 25-minute mark.   You can see parts of the floor, but the amount of stuff left is still horrifying....
We had to do an unexpected fast load-out of the show right after our closing performance (we got everything except the backdrop and furniture loaded into cars in about 30 minutes), and all of it - ALL OF IT - is at my place.   Costumes, accessories, wigs, props, furniture, backdrop.

And like the Cat in the Hat, what started out as a small pink bathtub ring, is rapidly becoming pink snow EVERYWHERE.

Here is what I hope to get done in the next month:
  • Set pieces, furniture, and props are going to a storage 'facility' (friend's garage)
  • Costumes and accessories laundered, sorted, and catalogued
  • Costumes and accessories from previous shows need to be sorted and catalogued
  • I need to finish listing a bunch of clothing and DVDs on eBay.
  • I am still culling clothing from my existing wardrobe.


All of this is taking place across four closets, three armoires, and two condos....

  
The armoire contains lingerie and undergarments, my swimwear capsule, dance and loungewear, some of JC's things, belts, packaged hosiery, and my jewelry box.





I tossed out all undergarments that didn't fit, or were faded or worn-looking.  It has been a fun week, wearing all my pretty things.

Having finished with the armoire, I tackled the closet.  It now contains my fall and winter wardrobe, a few seasonless pieces, plus hanging lingerie pieces.     The bulk of my summer wardrobe is at JC's, because I spend the bulk of my time there.


The wallpaper inside the closet is a little bit of awful, but I ascribe to The Donald's philosophy that a renter should not put money into someone else's property.   I would rather have the ivy leaves and put my money towards other things. 

I am waiting for the right occasion for that rubber chicken purse.


Once I got these shoes out of the boxes, (last week), I have worn a different pair nearly every day.   Out of sight, out of mind.   I have since unearthed a pair of Givenchy booties, and some other boots (they were hidden away at the boyfriend's).   I don't expect I will wear them until late September.   It is too hot in Atlanta.


One armoire + two of these hanging sorters replaces a huge dresser and tallboy the ex took in the divorce.   


I let JC park a couple pairs of his sneakers.

I am amazed at just how much fits in this closet.

I included this photo, because those two hat boxes contain stockings and tights, sorted by special occasion, versus everyday.

I still own a lot of clothing and shoes.   Too many clothes and shoes - but I love them all.   I culled a lot of stuff, but I did sneak a few items back in.  Once I finish the greater task of getting all the theatre stuff catalogued and squared away, I am going to return to this closet, and start curating like a boss.



************************************************************


And here is your special bonus look at my Hoarders room.   The yoga mat was not actually part of the show process, nor was my flamenco skirt, crumpled up in the foreground.



        

0 comments:

Post a Comment

newer post older post