In keeping with my post from yesterday, I am setting out some goals that I would like to achieve this month, both for dancing, and for swimming...
Calo' Theatre's WONDERLAND show ended in late June, and I took a much-needed rest, cutting way back on dance classes, and working at home.
This has been my summer schedule, from the last week of June until today. I missed EBAS and Ballet while I was on vacation the last two weeks:
1. EBAS (Elemental Body Alignment System) stretch class (1x/week)
2. 90-Minute Beginner-Level Ballet Class. (1x/week)
2b. Sometimes I take a 60-minute advanced beginner Tap class after ballet
I take these classes at Dance 101 in Alpharetta
3. I was also taking three hours of flamenco dance every week, at Calo Gitano in Midtown. These ended the third week of July
4. I have been swimming an average of 2-3 times weekly since flamenco class ended.
It's been a little sporadic at best, but I've managed not to abandon things entirely.
So... the show is over, I've had a rest, and JC and I are back from vacation. So now I am thinking about what I want to accomplish in the future, with swimming and with dance. I am not quite ready to put my dance goals into writing here, for all the world to see, but I am happy to share my goals for the rest of this summer, and the fall.
Here are my longer-term athletic goals, for Fall 2015 (through mid-December):
1. To be able to consistently take Level 2 Ballet Classes at Dance 101, with some degree of success (i.e., get through the first 75 minutes). I tend to struggle with learning longer combinations.
2. To be able to swim a minimum of 1 mile every workout, working up to 1.5 miles by early November, and adding in breaststroke and backstroke.
3. To have a higher extension, and front splits on both legs
4. To gain a better grasp of Bulerias, in flamenco dance, and a better technique and stamina overall, in flamenco.
5. To learn a double-pirouette. They don't have to be pretty, I just want to be able to do them.
Reverse-engineering these goals, here is what I want to work on for the rest of August, through Labor Day Monday:
1. To take three ballet classes/weekly, at least one of them as a level two.
2. To continue taking the EBAS class, 1 day/week
3. To do three EBAS sessions at home/week, plus added time on splits, based on what I've learned in class.
4. I need to set up a playlist for my EBAS sessions.
5. To spend three 30-minute sessions/week focusing on flamenco armwork and bulerias
6. To swim three times a week, at least 110 laps, which is just over a mile (5550 feet)
7. Make arrangements with an indoor pool facility to begin after Labor Day Weekend, when my condo's pool closes.
I feel if I can meet these goals, it puts me on-track for what I hope to achieve this fall.
How about you? Do you have any athletic goals you are working to accomplish?